T is a funny little kid. There isn't too much she doesn't like, food wise, but she definitely has her favourites.
We have yet to eat a fruit that she doesn't like; bananas, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, mangoes, kiwis, oranges, watermelon, cherries...
There are not quite as many vegetables but the ones she likes, she really likes. Oddly enough, most of them are green. Her favourite is peas. Cooked, cold, frozen...any way she'll eat them. She tends to pick out all the green veggies when we give her mixed vegetables. Lima beans, beans, asparagus, zucchini. She'll eat carrots and corn somewhat, but if there is green on her tray, forget about it!
Cheese is still a staple, and yogurt could be eaten by the gallon if I let her. She enjoys baked penne, veggie straws, mac and cheese, pickles, lemons, limes...and we discovered while out to dinner, she will even chow down on some red onions.
Her most recent discoveries are sno cones (she LOVES them!! She would eat them all night if I let her), smoothies and last night we made ghetto pizzas (on tortilla shells) and she ate an entire one with mushrooms and zucchini on it!
I really think this girl could eat all day if we laid out a buffet for her. While she has put on some weight, I don't know where this kid puts it!!
We did give her a sour patch kid...again, loved it, couldn't get enough.
I am trying to think if there is anything that she out and out hates, and I can't think of anything! She doesn't seem to be as big a fan of meat, but I think she might need to get used to the texture. She has been eating more of it lately, like the ground beef in the baked penne and the bourbon chicken we had the other night.
She is a nut and loves her food.
No comments:
Post a Comment