Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day

We kept it low-key this year...not out of necessity, but probably more due to my laziness.  Mark cooked most of dinner, but he gets a little funny about grilling steaks, and I am sure he didn't want me cooking his anywhere near as well-done as I like my steak.  I did make a nice breakfast, so that makes up for it, right?

I know he was beyond excited to open his gifts.  A Father's Day pin to wear, a pony bead necklace from Tennyson and some lovely polo shirts.  What more could a father ask for?  Sometimes practicality just has to win out over excitement.

Tennyson's Dad survey.  Apparently, according to her, Mark's favourite food is peas, if he had more time he would like to go out for lunch and he is so strong that he can lift a baby!!

 Truman wasn't too interested.
 SHIRTS!
I think Tennyson wore her new helmet from the moment she got home from church until bed.  She did play nicely downstairs while Truman took a nap, so that let Mark watch Lonesome Dove and Survivorman.  I suppose in the end, that's what it all comes down to.  Happy Father's Day Mark! We love you!

No comments: