I swear this kid gets the hiccups probably 6 or more times a day. Sometimes they subside pretty quickly, but other times they last forever and sound like her organs are going to implode!
If it's not the hiccups, it's the arm. Yes hand sucking has progressed to fist sucking, wrist sucking,
forearm sucking...and I am sure it would be elbow sucking if she could get her elbow into her mouth. I have no idea why she does it, but if she is awake and not eating, she is sucking. Like right now, she is just contently lying on the floor gnawing away at her thumb. Sometimes she sucks, sometimes she chews, but other times she licks. Maybe she tastes like chocolate or some other treat, or maybe she is lacking salt in her diet (should I get her a salt lick??). She leaves her arm red and slobber-y... I might have to explain soon why my 3 month old has hickeys all over her arm!
forearm sucking...and I am sure it would be elbow sucking if she could get her elbow into her mouth. I have no idea why she does it, but if she is awake and not eating, she is sucking. Like right now, she is just contently lying on the floor gnawing away at her thumb. Sometimes she sucks, sometimes she chews, but other times she licks. Maybe she tastes like chocolate or some other treat, or maybe she is lacking salt in her diet (should I get her a salt lick??). She leaves her arm red and slobber-y... I might have to explain soon why my 3 month old has hickeys all over her arm!Anyone have experience with this? From what I have looked into, everyone says it is hunger, but it isn't since as soon as she's done eating she sticks her arm in her mouth, as soon as she wakes up, arm in the mouth. My personal favourite is when she shoves her fingers so far in her mouth that she gags herself. Lovely.
I tried to catch her sucking on her arm but every time I put the camera up, she would stop, look at me and smile, so no luck.
She has started laughing though, but she never seems to laugh at the same thing twice, so for now it is an elusive laugh, only heard about in folklore!
No comments:
Post a Comment