Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Life Is A Highway

What a week!! Okay, so it wasn't too crazy, but two 7 hour car rides with a 5 month old, and a week of wacky schedules can really get you out of sorts! I think it's easier for the 5 month old than it is for the parent!!
We spent a week up in Winnipeg enjoying unseasonably warm days with some of the fam and friends. It was nice to get away for a bit while Mark endured another wonderful earnings season. I think he might have actually gotten more sleep than I did even with having to stay up until 3:00 AM! Nice.
T had a good trip, got a few new clothes (of course) and enjoyed being the spotlight wherever we went. Since we were there for Halloween, we couldn't pass up a chance for dress up, even if we got no candy. Luckily Grandma had leftovers!












I had thought we would be able to escape the last week of political ad onslaught....but no luck. Not only was I able to view the candidates of Minnesota duke it out, I also became familiar with Michigan's and Washington's candidates. Why my parents, in Winnipeg, get channels from Detroit and Spokane...I guess only the cable company can answer. At least Minnesota is kind of close to them!
T didn't enjoy the ads either, in fact she spent most of one night showing us her distaste for all things political.









I guess those (and the 758 other photos just like these), will be faces only a mother could love!
Tennyson also discovered a new toy that provided hours and hours of fun!!

I found the perfect fall/holiday dress and coat for her while we were up there, but that unveiling will have to wait!! Trust me though, it's awesome. As my almost 18 year old niece Janna put it, "She's 5 months old and has nicer clothes than I do!" Yes Janna, it's true... sorry! :o)
We had a nice visit, but we're glad to be home and even more glad the election is over. Here is T when I told her no more political ads...

She was so excited, she put on her party hat!
Next on the agenda...figure out how to get T to enjoy the taste of a plastic spoon so we can stop feeding her rice cereal out of a bottle! We'll keep you posted.

No comments: