Tuesday, November 18, 2008

She Ran, She Ran So Far Away

I don't like counting my chickens before they hatch, but I think the ranula might be gone!!! That, or it's just becoma a part of her tongue. She won't let me see into her mouth without her tongue hanging out, so I can't get a good close up, but anytime she smiled before you could see the little bubble thing emerging from under her tongue, now I can't see it at all when she smiles. I'll just hope that it somehow disappeared on its own, but keep my eye out for it's return. It would be really nice if it has remedied itself instead of T having to have surgery when she is a year.
And the ENT said it was unlikely to go away on its own...actually his words were something to the effect of "I wouldn't know if they can go away on their own because if a patient had a ranula and the ranula went away, the patient wouldn't come back" ...so my initial reaction to the ENT of "if your ENT reminds you of Mr. Bean, he may have a turkey stuck on his head" might be true!!

No comments: