I figured this was as good a week as any since we had nothing going on, so Tuesday morning we dove in. and boy, did we drown. We almost didn't come up for air. But Wednesday rolled around and I said we would dive in one more time and if we drowned again, we would be done.
Amazingly, after only one little setback, we were floating on air! Okay, well I was because I didn't have to change wet underwear 13 times that day. Since September 8th, around noon-ish let's say, we've entered the world of underwear full time. We're still working on night time, but...hey one at a time, right?
It sure will be nice to not have to change the diaper of a mammoth two year old anymore. I know she isn't that old, but she sure seems like she is...and now she seems even more grown up!
The Stickers!
Sporting some YGG undies!
There is something about hearing, "Mommy, I have to go potty!" Now if we could just get her to put her underwear back on by herself...or just not take them all the way off every time she has to go!!
Thank goodness we don't have to go through this again for a few more years! And here is hoping there are no major setbacks or out in public disasters!
A big thank you to Nicole and Emily for their ideas (methods)...we would probably have put potty training on the back burner without them. She was definitely ready for this, we just had to find her motivation! And, bribery and treats/toys never hurt either! Except now when she is 47 years old she will still be asking for a candy every time she pees!
And her big reward for making the transition...tickets to go see Curious George Live!! I bought a CG book when she was super little and a few months back Mark decided to read her one of the stories...and we read that entire book daily. All 5, 80 page stories or so. I had to buy a new George book due to George burnout. Same thing happened. We read all of the stories in one sitting!! I don't think the show will be as good as YGG live, but for $10/ticket...can you go wrong?
So yay for potty training! Yay for big girl underwear!!
2 comments:
Tennyson you are such a big girl. I think that the whole potty training in less than a week is a miracle. She did so well, and so did you mom. Grandpa will be sending money for your shoes as soon as we get a picture of what she wants.
Yeah for potty trained kids! I will tell you that Miya has been trained for a just about a year and we are just getting the hang of keeping the undies on and pulling them up on her own...hope yours is faster! Isn't it funny what works to bribe them with, we were m&ms and a Callou potty book.
Great job to you and T!
Post a Comment