Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Here We Go

After all the pestering I give Mark about watching what he says in front of Tennyson...I think I may be the culprit in her first not appropriate for an under 2 year old uttering.  Although, depending who you ask it's not that bad. 
We went grocery shopping and came home to put things away.  We were down in the basement putting the frozen and canned items away and as I sat there letting her hand me the cans to put on the shelf, I realized I had inadvertently picked up cans of sweet corn CREAMED STYLE.  AHHHHH! Anyone who knows me, knows I HATE creamed corn.  I don't think you could pay me to eat it.  I will use it to make soups, but I will not eat it on it's own (my hatred of it is really a post on it's own).  The store had their cans on sale 2 for $1, so I bought 4 cans.  Anywho...as I sat there putting them away and realized my mistake, I quickly shouted out a couple of "Darn it!!!'s"  (yes Darn), and Tennyson looked at me and said "darn it?"  She continued repeating it as we came upstairs and as she ate her go-gurt, but she seems to have stopped.  Hopefully she'll forget!  It was sort of funny, but not what I want her yelling to people next time we are out in public!
Good times.

1 comment:

Grandma Smith said...

Darn Creamed Corn!!! I love it, served over toast it's great. She is so cute, trained perfectly. I don't know why it is such a surprise when we drill them over and over again to repeat what we say (eye, nose, ear, mouth) and then we are shocked when they repeat what we don't want them to hear. Choose your words wisely and keep her away from her dad.