We spent the first part of April visiting in Idaho. It was T's first plane ride in almost a year. We were not expecting it to go well, but thankfully it did and we all survived.
T had a grand time playing with all of her cousins, aunts and uncles and Grandma and Grandpa (well except for a couple of you...you know who you are!). Kidding. She loved playing with everyone!
I didn't take a lot of pictures. Not sure if it was because I forgot, or because T would never look at me anyway or if it was because we all had crazy bedhead when ever there was a picture worthy event taking place. Oh well, we will always have the mental images... some of which I would like to forget.
T got to experience her first Easter egg hunt, Easter candy for breakfast, playing in the mayhem of a dozen plus cousins, facial injuries (that thankfully healed quickly and without leaving evidence), watching way too many shows and shopping with Grandma!
Sadly, I think the best part of the trip for her was all of the train rides we took getting to and from the airport. She still talks about them weeks later. Along with getting a high five from DJ Lance over a month ago!! She astounds me with what she remembers.
The saddest thing about trips, for T, is coming back home to one parent at home all day long. it's quite a change and quite boring. Luckily when she got home she had Dad here with her all day, every day for 4 days!! They had days full of kite flying, deck shopping, domino playing, and fun fun fun. But when Mom comes home... it's back to boredom. Maybe Dad should stay at home instead....?
So far I think she has had a fun filled April. We'll see how the second half goes for her. It definitely won't be as crazy, but we will see if we can fit a few fun things in to do!
Until then, here are a few of the few pictures we took!
It's a completely terrible picture, but here is T sporting Dad's YGG loot on Easter morning, along with a mouthful of jelly beans (it was the only way to get her to keep the hat on!)
Searching for eggs with Dad's help
Dad enjoying some of the kids Easter egg hunt prizes
Drawing on the whiteboard at Grandma's...a daily even that kept her entertained for ever!! (I would buy one, but like everything else we buy for her, she would just ignore it!)
1 comment:
Where did you get the DJ lance rock hat and glasses? We are thinking we want to dress Jack as DJ Lance for Halloween this year & I think I can make the entire costume except I don't feel like attempting the hat....or glasses.
Post a Comment