Monday, June 21, 2010

Funny Face Father's Day

So I can't speak for the Father, but I would have to say Father's Day was pretty lame around our house.
I didn't think ahead for dinner, or lunch...or anything really.  He did get an egg sandwich for breakfast before he ran out the door to church meetings.  And I guess a bag full of baked goodies from church is always nice too, but he did reheat his own pizza for lunch.  Mind you, an afternoon nap and lazying around probably makes up for it.
We did spend a nice chunk of the day playing with T.  We went to the park and played on slides and swings and then she and Dad went for a nice bike ride/push for a long time.  They came home to enchiladas for dinner, since Dad had no preference or hankering for anything.  After dinner we spent a good time playing hide and seek.  T hasn't quite grasped the hiding part as she would call out to you where she was when you started looking for her.  We'd walk around saying "Hmmm, where could Tennyson be hiding?' and then we'd hear a little, "I'm in the kitchen."  Or if you took too long to find her she would just come out of her spot and run up to you and say, "Here I am Dad!"  Some day she will get it.  The funniest part was when Mark was hiding in the laundry room.  He decided to hide behind the drying rack and was holding a shirt up in front of his face so she couldn't see him, she went in the laundry room and was standing in front of the rack and noticed it moving, so Mark dropped the shirt and said "Boo!", oh my gosh, I wish I had the camera with me.  Her face was priceless.  Her eyes bugged out, her mouth dropped and she started flapping her arms like a bird!  She was scared but wasn't sure what to do.  Mark and I were laughing so hard.  She finally realized we were laughing and started laughing too.  Oh priceless moments.
Mark got his F Day gifts in the afternoon as T led him on a mini hunt for them (only because they were too heavy for me to drag up the stairs); it wasn't exciting but it was manly.  He got a grill pad for under the BBQ (when the deck is finished) and some shelving for his tools in the garage.  Perfect F Day gifts, right?
Not too many pictures were taken but we did get some good ones of the many faces of T...which I present for your amusement.

1 comment:

Grandma Smith said...

She is priceless! What a great mum and pop you both are. Not many parents spend their Sunday afternoons playing hide and seek with their child. I love the silly faces she makes what a ham.