When you're little, birthdays always bring a couple of certains; cake, presents and doctors visits.
Last week was the fun, this week was business.
We went off nice and early to the Doctor's this morning. I had spent the last couple of days telling T about the Doctor and what would happen. She seemed alright with it, pretty happy actually, to be going. She knew she was going to get a couple of pokes in the leg (whether or not she understood that, I don't know), get weighed, measured...all that fun stuff. Too bad Mom didn't know about the second lead level check. Last time it was a finger prick and they filled two tubes. This time it was a vein in the arm, but only one tube.
Amazingly, the shots in the legs spilled more tears than the vein. Maybe it was the kitty sticker, or the cat in the hat movie playing, it definitely wasn't the girl putting the needle in T's arm. Wow, no personality with kids AT ALL. Thankfully there was another lady in the room helping and she was awesome. T was certainly a trooper! In fact, after the Doctor, we went to Target (of course) to pick up an antibiotic for infected mosquito bites (nice) and to spend birthday money!! (Sorry Eva, I didn't have the video on me, so you'll just have to imagine the shopping.) What a way to brighten a day of pokes and prods!!
The Doctor was very happy with her development and amazed at her growth. Of course, we already knew all of this, know we just have to Doc's word to back us up!
So here we go:
Weight: a whopping 30 lbs 8 oz, 88.26 percent (oh how long ago the days of the 6th)
Height: an astounding 37.5 inches, 99.61 percent (it really must skip a generation)
Head: a huge 51 cm, 99.48 percent (you have to have a huge melon to house that genius brain!)
So all is good, she is healthy, happy and growing like a weed! Since her 18 month appointment she grew just over 4 inches...who knows if that will keep up. I guess we will see at her 3 year check up. Thank goodness, it's done to once a year!
And as for birthday shopping...I think that sheered her up, not that she really was sad or traumatized, but since we were out it was just easier to go! She picked out the new Yo Gabba Gabba movie, the Elefun game (to play with Dad) and a lovely tea set. Of course, her attention span means she spent about 5 minutes with the tea set before we had to put the movie on. I gave in just because her arm hurts and it is already over 80 degrees and humid and the last thing a 36 week pregnant lady wants to do is go and play outside in that kind of weather considering my feet were already swollen at 9AM today.
2 comments:
She is an amazing little girl! I can't believe they actually did a vein draw on a 2 year old, Nuts. I'm so glad she picked out a tea set on her shopping trip that is exactly what I wanted to get her but couldn't find one I could ship. So have some tea and cookies with her for me. Love all of you.
So i haven't checked blogs in awhile, but impressive, she is a big girl, i think she is bigger than Miya all around...what a little cutie!
Post a Comment