So T is now two...what a difference a day makes! Okay, not really. She is still the same little girl as two days ago, even though she seems like she is years older some days. The things that come out of her mouth amaze me at times. How a two year old thinks of these things, I will never know. As I am sure most parents experience, their kid is the funniest, smartest, prodigy-like kid ever born on the face of the earth. Well, I thought I would share some of the things that make Tennyson fall into that category.
She has taken to be quite opinionated and will routinely tell you to stop singing by putting her hand up, shaking her head and saying, "no sing mommy."
The other day she wanted to draw on her whiteboard but I told her no because she keeps getting dry erase marker all over her clothes. I told her we were going to go buy her an art smock and then she could draw. I was tidying up in the kitchen and heard her say, "I draw now"...I turned around to see she had taken off her clothes. Smart kid.
A few days ago, Mark came home from a long run and T and I were downstairs playing. Mark came down and asked T for a kiss to which she quickly responded with a hand and a shake, "no, go shower." Even smarter kid.
One Saturday morning, T woke up and I brought her into our room, she laid down on the bed and asked to watch a show, but we told her the TV was broken, she looked at me and said, "buy a new one."
She can be so funny sometimes. She still has trouble playing on her own most days, but she is getting better. Her imagination is definitely sprouting and it is fun to watch. We wonder how much she picks up from us when she yells at her doll to "fold her arms" for prayer time. Okay, well she doesn't yell, but she got quite stern with Dolly because her arms wouldn't stay folded. We don't yell.
She is starting to be a little bit picky when it comes to food. Not that she won't eat things, but that she definitely knows what she wants to eat. usually fruit snacks or yo-go's. Luckily she still loves fruit and will gobble it up. She likes yogurt and eggs, hot dogs, carrots, crackers, mini wheats, cheese, popsicles, freezies, and will pretty much try anything. I swear she would still just eat fruit all day long if she could. She loves mandarin oranges, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, cherries, watermelon, mango...every fruit I think!! She is not a huge sweet eater though. And no, it's not because we are health junkies for her, she is just content with a few bites of something sweet and is done. You can try to force it down her throat, but she just shakes her head and says "I done."
I would list a bunch of words she says, but the kid says everything!! She hears it, she tries to repeat it. You may not be able to decipher it, but she is a non stop talker. She learned to say paparazzi while at my parents house and will usually repeat anything you ask her to. There aren't too many words that stump me, but every now and again I will need her to say it a few times, think about it, look around the room to see what she is looking at....but eventually I figure it out. Her most difficult word is orange. She says it all the time, but Mark and I are the only ones that would know what she is saying. For some reason she says orange as "enu" I don't even know how to try to spell it. It sounds like emu but with an "n".
T is a great helper and will put things back, go and get things for me, and tidy up if we ask her (usually).
She loves to go shopping...which means walking around stores and we repeatedly go to Target to waste time or to let her shop. she is quite content to just look around at toys and not have to buy them. She loves books and would have me read all day if I said yes. She likes Fancy Nancy, Dr Seuss, and a plethora of others. She is still obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba, but won't really watch anything else.
She is super outgoing and will say hi to anyone and tell them what we are doing, where we've been and whatever else is on her mind. Just yesterday she told some ladies at lunch that she went on an airplane with Daddy (that was in March). Yet, sometimes she can get really shy, hug your leg and say "my Mommy" or "my Daddy"...not a big surprise that she has a little bit of shyness in her personality, but it doesn't come out very often.
We love having her in our family and she is a great little kid. She does have her cranky days and times, but it's usually due to tiredness since she doesn't enjoy the whole nap thing anymore.
I suppose this post could go on and on and on about all the things she does, but we'd all get tired of reading it and I would get tired of sitting on the toilet (lid closed) while T played in the bath! So we will end for now and leave some of her funny stories and actions for later posts.
She's just the best little two year old girl we've ever had!! :o) Hopefully she likes us too!
1 comment:
I love this post about our little Miss. T. You did a wonderful job of wrapping her up in a few words. She will look forward to reading this when she gets older. She truly is one of a kind, how blessed we are to have her in our family. We Love you Tennyson!!!
Post a Comment