Tennyson has discovered how to undo the snap and unzip the zipper on her pajamas. I know, not some genius level ability, but it does amuse her.
The other night, we put her to bed, awake, and when I went in to check on her before going to bed myself, I discovered she had taken her pj's off before falling asleep and was laying there quite content, blissfully sleeping, naked (well with diaper on). I had to run out before my laughter woke her up, but I called Mark to come look at her and we both had a good laugh. The struggle then came as to how to get her pj's on without waking her up! We succeeded in dressing her (how someone can sleep through that I do not know), only to discover the next morning when I went in to get her that she had taken them off again. I assume she did it once she was awake, but I don't know. I guess she could have woken up during the night and stripped down again, but needless to say I think we might need to make a permanent switch to two piece pj's, as she seems to leave those on. I would think slip on pants would be easier to take off for an almost two year old, but maybe the zipper is more fun!
At least she is keeping her clothes on in public...for the most part anyway. When she get s a little nervous or shy, she tends to pull her shirt up. Why showing off her belly makes her feel better, I don't know, but hopefully it's not a habit that lasts long!
On a different note, she has also started showing us when she is unhappy with something we have done. The other day I put something she was playing with in another room to get her to come eat her lunch. As she sat in her chair, crying, she looked at me and yelled, "Hey You!"...sometimes it is hard not to laugh when she does it, but she is so determined as she yells it, it makes me marvel at how much that little brain of hers actually comprehends. Even though I am her mother, I still think she is a smart little cookie.
No comments:
Post a Comment