Friday, March 19, 2010

Mommy and T Time


It's been a long week. Messed up sleep schedules, out of town husband, crankiness to the extreme. Not the usual atmosphere around these parts.
Last night, Mark was at basketball and T and I just both needed to sit and relax, so I put on some YGG and we both watched it together. She is so fun to watch while she watched the show. She gets a little more into every time and starts to react to songs and activities, instead of just observing.
In the episode we watched last night they had a little song about hugs.
It goes like this:
"Stretch your arms out wide, wrap them around squeeze tight, hugs are fun, hugs are fun, hugs are fun"
As we sat on the couch and they sang this song, I was the grateful recipient of hug after hug after hug. T is not always an overly cuddly, affectionate child, but I guess when the YGG gang says it's fun to hug, she listens!! And if you sing the song with her, even when the show isn't on, she'll still give you a hug,
And on a different note.
I went in to check on T before I headed to bed and found the cutest thing. She's been going to bed with a blanket lately, even though it usually ends up in the corner (and is the reason I think she has been waking up much earlier than usual), but last night before she fell asleep she decided her baby needed to be all wrapped up, burrito style. So there lay Tennyson, fast asleep, cuddled up next to her baby all wrapped up in a blanket. Where she learned to burrito wrap, I do not know. I would have loved to have taken a picture, but I didn't want to wake her up! So cute though.

No comments: