We've been home for a couple of days now, but there have already been two Doctor's visits for our little man. Thankfully it is nothing too serious, but has still required heel pokes and blood draws. Truman's bilirubin count has been going up since birth and the Doctor's have wanted to monitor it to make sure he doesn't need any of the light therapy, or whatever they do to treat it. After an increase on Monday, today's blood draw showed a decrease, so it looks like we will be able to avoid any further tests and appointments until his two week check up. Like I said, it's not life serious, but I don't think any 5 day old enjoys getting needles in the heels and blood being squeezed out. I'm a lot older than 5 days and I know I don't like it!!
So, if you think he looks a little yellow in his pictures, he does, but we're working on getting him back to a regular Farmer/Smith shade of a nice pasty white.
Tennyson has been pretty good with him. Some days I don't think she really cares much about him being around but then at other times she wants to hold him and help with his diaper...so time will tell how she really feels! I am hopeful she will want to help more and more and not start biting him or something!
We may try to venture off for an outing tomorrow before Grandma and Grandpa F head home this weekend... at least the adults will still outnumber the kids so we should be able to survive!
In the meantime, here are a few more pictures, since that's what everyone wants anyway. I also realized as I was uploading the pictures from the camera, that I don't think I have had one picture taken with me and my little man...I will have to change that (and make sure I'm not in my pj's!!)
All wrapped up at the hospital
Hanging out at home..like my little 'hawk?
Holy scrawny little legs Batman!
1 comment:
I hadn't seen this post when I talked to you last night. He is such a long little man. And yes I think he has changed a little from the first pictures. I can't wait to hold him and meet him in person.
Post a Comment