Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Prayer Surprises

Last night as we were putting T down for bed, we were saying prayers and she was sitting on my lap. I was in the midst of saying the prayer when she started saying "Mommy" and grabbing at my hand.  I, innocently thought she just wanted to hold my hand while we prayed.  So I took her hand, only to discover she wanted me to hold her finger.  Odd, but she has some mosquito bites, I thought maybe one was bothering her finger.  Yah, no, no mosquito bite, just a giant, gross booger she had dug out during the prayer and decided she didn't like it on her finger so she should give it to me.  It's very difficult to finish saying a prayer without vomiting over the disgustingness now making it's home on my finger.  Not to mention having your husband bust up laughing at you while you try to not gag and finish the prayer at the same time.  
Oh kids...at least she didn't try to eat it, right?

1 comment:

Krista said...

Wow- I guess I should ease up on my kids for always eating theirs....I guess it could be worse! I totally feel your pain though- boogers are so gag-provoking, I want to kill my kids when they pick their noses. Funny story. (Remember that Asian kid on AFV who picked his booger and put it in his sleeping brother's mouth? lol That's what came to mind just barely.) Awesome!