Apparently not in this house. A certain someone was not a fan of fireworks. We bought some little sparklers and random fireworks to set off on the 4th, but the whole time we were outside a little voice could be heard whining, "No, I want to go in the house!" Many of the houses around us had obviously made a visit to nearby Wisconsin to purchase the illegal kind, so there were bangs and explosions going off all over the place. She didn't like those either. Even when we did come in, we took her out onto the deck to watch the ones going off behind our house but she kept saying she wanted to go to bed. She never wants to go to bed, she really must not have enjoyed the fireworks. Good thing we didn't end up driving down to see the city show, that would not have been a fun trip.
I tried to take a few pictures of our measly light show but every picture was pitch black. Oh well, they were nothing to brag about anyway.
We had the most patriotic meal I could come up with at the last minute and that required the least amount of effort: hamburgers and fruit salad. T did wear her little Happy 4th shirt though. Even Mark wore some form of prideful colours to church too. I, on the other hand, did not dress up in either countries colours for the occasion. There isn't a lot of choice left for clothes to wear at this point, so black usually wins out! I was red and white on the inside! Mark did bring home an ice cream cake from Coldstone with a maple leaf drawn on it for Canada Day. Just what the GD ordered. Luckily, Mark had no trouble making quick work of that cake so it wasn't a huge temptation, even though I love me some ice cream cake.
We're down to the last days now and thankfully this kid did not decide to come on July 4th or Mark was threatening to name him George Washington (GW for short). Thanks Boy for being on my side of that argument! No one needs to be saddled with that moniker...unless you WERE George Washington.
So, not much going on in the Smith household now. A lot of sitting, watching T play....not a lot of tidying being done or anything productive. It probably should be, but it's just going to get messed up again anyway!
Alright, well that's about all the non-news to report. Maybe the next post will be THE post...I know everyone is dying to know what we name this kid. Maybe we should take a poll on that topic!!
No comments:
Post a Comment