Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Room

It's done!  Well, we still need to put up a shelf on the wall and move the rocker in, but other than that, it's done!!
Not quite sure it's what I had in mind, but boy's decor ideas just don't strike a chord with me, so it was a little difficult to figure out what I wanted.  Nevertheless, I think it turned out pretty well and is something he can grow into without having to change anything major...just the wall decor.  I would have liked to have been able to add more touches of orange, but orange doesn't seem to be a popular colour for kids rooms, boy or girl.  Oh well, I was never one to be on top of the trends.  He'll have to live with it.
So without further ado...here is the room.

wall of squares
changing table area
crib and monkey overseer!
wall of squares again
So there you have it.  Seems a little bare right now, but once the shelf is up to house the green piggy bank and the fly fishing monkey and the chair gets moved into the corner where the basket is, I think it should look a little more finished.  
Now kid, just wait until next Saturday to move into the room, okay? Thanks!

3 comments:

Grandma Smith said...

So cute! You did an amazing job on the wall of squares,I love the colors. Just get the chair moved in and you will be ready to go. That is also a sure sign that the boy will wait at least the week. Because babies hardly ever come when we are all ready for them.

Krista said...

It turned out great! What a ton of work, though...I love it. Glad the room painting stress is over.

Anonymous said...

I love the wall of squares! What an awesome idea. Even though you're not ready for the "boy" to make his appearance, I can hardly wait. Take care of yourself and get some rest:)